Monday, December 3, 2007

Look! Over yonder! A box that looks like a tree!

Because this blog is Hausfrau and not Eurofrau, you will have to tolerate the occasional entry about stuff which happens in the Haus.

That said, I wish to inflict upon you The Making of the Christmas Tree.

After observing the rising numbers of Christmas trees in public and private spaces, ringing around local stores, and lurking on ex-pat mailing lists (and even enquiring about what to do with the trees after Christmas - turns out they can in some areas be picked up by the local composting outfit), I came to the conclusion (egged on by DF, I must add) that we had all the necessary ingredients to cook up our own recyclable Christmas Tree. (Far out that was a long sentence.)



Not only that, but following my first German lesson in a classroom adorned with rather fun murals of a contemporary nature, I had a vision...




Yes, The Tree would be one to kick contemporary art butt.

So, aided and abetted by two small artistes, I set to work with a couple of packing boxes.
















We are very proud of our tree.

Now I just have to market it through Ikea and make a million to support my coriander- and chocolate-eating habits. Which, by the way, should be completely sated by the recent release of the Lindt-Sprüngli Dark Chocolate with Pepper and Coriander.

I know. It sounds utterly wrong. I will shortly force myself to try it.

No comments: