Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring snow

We woke this morning to much squealing and excitement from DS and DD as they ricocheted from room to room opening curtains and blinds.

Turns out the world was completely white. Indeed, by the time DS returned from another Kindergarten adventure in der Wald there was just under half a foot of snow blanketed around the apartment.

DS was entirely covered with mud, as usual, and on the way home he and his Dear Little Kiwi Pal happily fell onto their backs and lay in the puffy snow for a bit, making snow angels.

(DS also slid on his stomach, pushing a path through the snow until he got some down his skivvy-neck, and then he thought it wasn't such a good idea after all and proceeded to strip his clothes off and hand everything he possibly could including three sticks and a pine-cone to the conveniently nearby Hausfrau.

At this point, I also need to add that I have a pile of no less than 27 rocks of varying sizes which I have retrieved from DS's pockets over the past few weeks, thus averting a washing-machine catastrophe.)

Anyway, as the Dear Amazing Kindy Teacher pointed out as they returned with the wagon in tow, this is the first real snow we've had all season.

I'd been in the city during the morning, where the snow hadn't settled. It was just plain freezing.

One of the beauties of living a little further out, no doubt.

Ah, Spring snow!

1 comment:

Joëlle weblog said...

I recognise that! Max brings sticks and rocks home as well and I learned to check his pockets! Although I ask him to check them too, I will sure do it another time myself!

Joëlle X