Wednesday, September 12, 2007

7am and the weather

At this time of day the trams have started up, one is allowed to use the water in the buildings, and I suppose people won't complain when kids start arguing and screeching. Nobody has complained yet. I keep wondering what happens if your kid vomits all night and you can't use the water until the morning... One has to hope one has forgiving neighbours. Or else you have to make a bath every night just in case!

One of our neighbours, after a stilted conversation said, 'Okay. See you? Maybe baby!' And laughed all the way to the bank. (Well, to the Co-op Supermarket, but bank sounds better for Zürich.)

I've been going for runs around the streets (not quite like running on the ridge in Oz!), and occasionally end up down by Lake Zürich, the grass around which kind of looks fake after spending so long in drought-stricken country.

Leaves are starting to turn, and people are starting to wear coats. Yesterday was fairly warm at about 18 degrees, but the other morning I could see my breath and the steam from the people's coffees.

I promise there will be pictures soon!

No comments: