Friday, September 28, 2007

Gastronomy

1. The Very Solid Swiss Meal (schnitzel stuffed with some kind of cheese); and 2. Veggie restaurant called Hiltl (gotta love the photos on their site), where you pay by weight of plate. There are at least twenty different salads and other dishes to choose from. The dhal is to die for.

Needless to say, one might prefer the Hiltl experience, but when in Rome... I've barely scratched the surface of the Swiss dining experience (chocolate included).

I have read about (but haven't yet tried) the restaurant up the road from here, Blinde Kuh (the Blind Cow), which is run by blind staff - when you eat there you have a fully blind experience, with no lighting, mobile phones, lit-up wristwatches etc. I quite like that idea. I mean, in general it's great to be able to see what you're putting in your mouth, but sometimes things can distract from the flavours. Mind you, I expect it might get old for me if I didn't have a choice.

PS. I know this is a bad post, even though I find the idea of a sightless restaurant fascinating. It's a bit like gossip... Have you heard about the... And apparently he said... And then apparently she said...

Next time I promise I will (try to) have actually been to the places I write about.

No comments: