Saturday, October 6, 2007

How The Queen of The Hill got back online


OK, so the ordering of the modem etc. was pretty easy - we did that online in our previous digs. But when we'd been in our new place for a few days I received a note in the mailbox that HDDH (Herr Dr. DH!) had a package at the post office. So down the hill we go...

When I arrived at the post office I showed them my passport and DH's passport, only to be informed with a hint of disapproval that I didn't have the same last name as my husband. After some discussion amongst themselves, during which they waved my passport about, they agreed to let me collect the parcel for him this time, but didn't look too happy about it.

The parcel was very large. It wouldn't even fit in the OGT (Orange Grannie Trolley - another story for another post).

But happily we'd arranged to meet our RO to help us get registered at the local police office and school registration (I don't even know the name of this office), and she immediately offered to drive us back up The Hill with the parcel.

This was music to my ears, because The Hill is formidable. It is at least a 45 degree incline, and in some parts if you lie down on the path it's almost like you're standing up. (Or so I'm told by DS.)

The walk home can go for up to 20 minutes, depending on how much you have in the OGT, or the CRI (Child Resistance Index).

Let's just say that my legs are getting a massive workout: this particular day I ended up walking up and down 3 times, much to the horror of the kids.

The upshot of all this is that we have a modem and the equivalent of a cable set top box. And so the Hausfrau is back online.

No comments: